The NesiStats project is part of the Power Sector Recovery Programme, a series of carefully thought out policy actions, operational, governance and financial interventions to be implemented by Federal Government of Nigeria.
Over the next five (5) years, the Power Sector Recovery Programme will restore the financial viability of Nigeria’s power sector, improve transparency/service delivery, and RESET the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry (“NESI”) for future growth.
This Power Sector Recovery Programme was developed by the FGN with assistance from the WBG. A vast amount of analysiswas undertaken in order to develop a comprehensive Programme. These included:
- Macroeconomic and fiscal analysis of Nigeria,
- Nigeria power sector participant’s financial analysis,
- Nigeria electricity sector legal review,
- Development of a sector financial model, and
- Transmission and gas infrastructure gap analysis.